Modification And Enforcement of Child Support

After 40 years of handling over 2,000 divorces, Mr. Leininger knows that the financial circumstances of one or both of the ex-spouses frequently change after the entry of the judgment of divorce. When children grow, their needs increase. Parents' incomes can grow or become reduced. When circumstances change, existing court orders may no longer correspond to your family's current needs. For this reason, if you have an existing court order relating to child support or alimony, it may be necessary to seek modification or enforcement of these existing court orders in a Florida court.

At the law firm of William J Leininger, PC, Inc., we have over 40 years of experience in seeking post-judgment modifications and enforcements that may be necessary.

When changing a current court-ordered child support obligation, Florida judges consider whether there has been a substantial change in the parents' financial circumstances and whether modification of child support is in the child's best interests.

At the law firm of William J Leininger, PC, Inc., we advocate for our clients in modification issues. We help ensure that the judge reviewing your modification petition considers all the factors necessary to make the correct decision. We also represent clients in matters related to the enforcement of child support orders.

If you need downward modification of a child support order, you must act quickly since once the child support arrears accrue, the Court will generally not retroactively reduce said arrears. You must file a petition for modification of child support and have a judge order that your support be reduced before you reduce your support payments. Otherwise, you could be held responsible for any missed payments - regardless of your personal circumstances.

If you need to enforce a child support order, the Court may award you the legal fees incurred by you in the child support enforcement case. We always request that the other side pay your attorney's fees when we seek enforcement of child support from the Florida court.

Modification And Enforcement of Alimony

Alimony or spousal maintenance can be changed if a Court finds a substantial change in the circumstances of the parties involved. Our law firm represents clients in matters related to modification or enforcement of alimony orders, and often our work will focus on seeking termination of alimony based on the payee ex-spouse having entered into a supportive relationship. Alimony may also need to be modified when the financial circumstances of the parties have changed, for instance, when the payor spouse loses his or her job, or when the payee spouse no longer has a financial need for said alimony.

Schedule a Free Consultation with our Sarasota enforcement of support lawyer! Call 941-727-5555 or contact us online today. We answer all email inquiries within 24 hours, and schedule appointments from Monday through Saturday, including some evenings!

Other Practice Areas: